Book Title: Facilitator's and Trainer's Toolkit
Publisher: Technics Publications
Author: Artie Mahal
- Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making (Jossey-bass Business & Management Series)
- Gamestorming: A Playbook for Innovators, Rulebreakers, and Changemakers
- Visual Meetings: How Graphics, Sticky Notes and Idea Mapping Can Transform Group Productivity
- The Trusted Advisor Fieldbook: A Comprehensive Toolkit for Leading with Trust
- Unlocking the Magic of Facilitation
- Facilitation at a Glance!: Your Pocket Guide to Facilitation (Memory Jogger)
- The Skilled Facilitator: A Comprehensive Resource for Consultants, Facilitators, Managers, Trainers, and Coaches
- The Skilled Facilitator Fieldbook: Tips, Tools, and Tested Methods for Consultants, Facilitators, Managers, Trainers, and Coaches
- Guide to Managerial Communication (10th Edition) (Guide to Series in Business Communication)
- Rapid Problem Solving with Post-It Notes
Master frameworks, techniques, and tools for conducting meetings, leading sessions and workshops, and transferring knowledge through education and training. In addition to focusing on proven methods, this book contains many new and innovative ideas developed through decades of the author's experience. There are 12 chapters:
- Chapter 1, Facilitation Framework, classifies all facilitation types into four generic categories: Strategies and Solutions, Programs and Processes, Learning and Development, and Cooperation and Collaboration.
- Chapter 2, Value Proposition, leverages the Career Steps Framework to prove the return on investment of facilitation skills and competency.
- Chapter 3, Facilitation Process, explains each phase of the facilitation process: Contract, Prepare, During Session, Conclude, and Evaluate.
- Chapter 4, Facilitation Leadership, explores Napoleon Hills' eleven factors of leadership, along with values, ethics, and competencies established by the International Association of Facilitators.
- Chapter 5, Engagers and Energizers, reveals the art and science of educating and transferring learning to adults and optimizing the engagement of session participants using Dr. Howard Gardner's Multiple Intelligences.
- Chapter 6, Tools, introduces the foundational technique of brainstorming and shows how to use 35 handy facilitation tools for a variety of situations including problem solving, group dynamics, and storytelling.
- Chapter 7, Workshop Environment, outlines facilitation-friendly principles followed by guidance on room set up, various seating patterns, equipment, food, and supplies.
- Chapter 8, Virtual Facilitation, provides suitable alternatives to face-to-face facilitation using practical techniques in four key areas: Engagement, Relationship, Communication, and Technology.
- Chapter 9, Cross-Cultural Facilitation, introduces proven techniques for how to facilitate learning transfer and effective collaboration across cultures through the application of Dr. Geert Hofsgtede's dimensions of cross-cultural communication.
- Chapter 10, Visual Facilitation, introduces the power of Visuals and Graphics Recording as a tool for effective collaboration and communication in organizational settings.
- Chapter 11, Self-Development, provides guidelines on how to develop your facilitation competency and track your progress. This chapter concludes with the author's own journey on becoming an accomplished facilitator.
- Chapter 12, Tools Library, outlines a step-by-step approach along with templates and examples where each of the 35 tools from Chapter 6 can be successfully leveraged.
The book concludes with a section on facilitator and trainer resources. Good facilitation is often the difference between a meeting that delivers outputs and actions, and one that delivers breakthrough solutions and results. Artie Mahal, who is a master facilitator and trainer, has delivered an easy to read book that describes the science and art of effective facilitation. He offers insights, techniques, tools, and knowledge that anyone can use to improve their facilitation and training skills.
Vice President & Chief Information Officer K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC
USA In this book Artie has brought together a great collection of tools, techniques and advice that provides a sound basis for anyone looking to become a more engaging and effective facilitator.
IT Director, Speaker, Business Process Practitioner